Thursday, December 4, 2014

November in Review


Reading
During November, I read 11 books. Here's brief thoughts on each. I'm a bit behind on reviews but I'll be doing some major catch up soon.
Addicted After All by Krista & Becca Ritchie ★★★★★  
I finished this on November 1st but I did include it in my October wrap-up. But here it is again.  I don't even need an excuse to talk about the Addicted Series because it's all I do anyways. A fantastic conclusion to Lily & Loren's story that's realistic yet satisfying.
Love and Other Foreign Words by Erin McCahan ★★★★
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It's about the family and friendship kind of love more than the romantic kind but it's such a delight anyway. The main character is hard to relate to because she's such a genius but Erin McCahan wrote her in such a way that I understood her and her thought process. In the end, this book totally made me smile.
Dirty Rowdy Thing by Christina Lauren ★★★★
Another great read! While Sweet Filthy Boy might be my favourite in this series so far, DRT is a close one too. I really am enjoying this series. It's just so fun.
The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin ★★★
I'm still conflicted over this book. I think there's a huge part of me that's not satisfied but at the same time, I do love these characters and Michelle's writing. I think for now, I'm satisfied with the first two books in this series and I'll just not acknowledge this one until I have a better idea of how I feel.
Just One Day by Gayle Forman ★★★★★
Just One Year by Gayle Forman ★★★★★  
Just One Night by Gayle Forman ★★★★
I adore this series from start to finish. I'm going to be doing a full review of the series soon! There's such a great feel to this story and it's one of the best tales  about discovering yourself. Really, really a great read.
The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter ★★★
At the time I was reading it, I was quite addicted to this book. Upon finishing it however, I didn't have a great urge to pick up the sequel right-away. That may be because I didn't really feel any sort of connection to the characters but it was a good read.
Everneath by Brodi Ashton ★★★
Again, it was quite addictive. I was so intrigued and mesmerized but I didn't feel any sort of overwhelming love by the end. The ending was quite emotional though and I cried, quite a bit.
Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood ★★★★★
Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood ★★★★★
The Cahill Witch Chronicles is absolutely one of my new all-time favourites I can assure you. I'm reading the last book currently, and then I'll be doing a full series review. These two books were so so good! I don't understand why everyone hasn't read them yet. Heartbreaking romance, amazing sister relations, female empowerment undertones and females who take charge. Can't recommend it enough.

Watching
The list of shows to watch decreased because some were cancelled, and some I no longer had the energy to invest time in.
HTGAWM was fantastic. That finale blew my mind. I eagerly await its return so it can continue to blow my mind and so Alfie Enoch & Jack Falahee can be back on my tv screen.
The 100 continues to set new standards for cinematography and writing. Season 2 has already wrecked me in so many ways. Some of the best plot lines and characer development on tv I can confidently say.
Jane The Virgin provided me with weekly doses of cuteness. It's so fantastic and well-written. Jane and Rafael get my heart beating.
Arrow & The Flash continue to be brilliant.
The Mindy Project has really let me down this season though and I don't really feel like watching it.
Watched only 2 movies this month. Big Hero 6 & Mockingjay. Big Hero 6 was so cute and emotional. Truly wonderful. I think overall, it's a movie about dealing with gried and overcoming it and I think Disney handled it wonderfully. When it comes to Mockingjay, I can agree that it was powerful and moving. But I think they could have easily made the movie in 1 part instead of 2. Truth be told, nothing really happened in the movie but you could argue it set up the next.
That's all for November. I can't believe the end of the year is almost upon us already! I'm going to be blogging more often in January as I get some important tasks done with. Let me know if you guys had a favourite read or movie/tv show during November.

1 comment:

  1. Play online for real money with Microgaming - Microgaming
    Microgaming is a young 블랙잭사이트 gambling software developer based in 파라오 바카라 Malta. The company was established in 2017 스카이바카라 and operates under 룰렛사이트 a 일반인후방 license from the

    ReplyDelete